Janel's Class Portfolio
Here are my assignments from Media 206: Database-Driven Websites.
PHP and MySQL are useful for making web forms and interactive pages based on user input.
Now that the class is over, I removed most of the assignments leaving only the fun ones.
Week 2 - Variables
- Let me tell you a story A customized romantic scene. I love personalized stories and now I can make my own! I challenge you to read this with a straight face.
Week 3 - Conditions and Functions
- Petals Around the Rose A clever dice guessing game which was a great first exercise in programming logic. Check out my custom dice!
Week 5 - Loops and Arrays
- Here's a Poker Game using dice! Want to bet $2?
Week 6 - Working With Files
- Here's a Poem in a text file that php can alter: Change the poem to be displayed, or Reset
- Php program displays all the pictures in a directory. Click here to view the index.
- Mail Merge example of inserting names and email addresses from a mailing list. Mine's Star Wars humor.
Week 7 - XML and Content Management
- WordPress installation My first try with Wordpress, which I had somehow overlooked all these years. Not any more! I'm so glad for this "extra credit" assignment which opened up a new world.
Week 8 - MySQL Databases
- Show Contacts Using PHP to retrieve a directory of names and addresses, this one with a humorous heroine theme.